insights & innovation
Poor return on strategic investment has significant ramification for our customers
- 70 percent of initiatives fail. [4PM]
- Three-quarters of failed initiatives do so because of lacking senior management involvement. [Capterra]
- 17 percent of large initiatives go so badly, they threaten the existence of the company. [McKinsey & Company]
- Only 2.5 percent of companies successfully complete 100 percent of their initiatives. [Gallup]
- 57 percent of initiatives fail due to a breakdown in communications. [IT Cortex]
- 73 percent of respondents admit that their initiatives are either always or usually “doomed right from the start.”[Geneca]
- One estimate of initiative complete failure rates is approximately 15 percent, which represents a loss of $150 billion per year in the United States. [Gallup]
- Just 42 percent of organizations report having high alignment of projects to organizational strategy. [PMI]
- Nearly one half of all strategic initiatives (44 percent) are reported as unsuccessful. [PMI]
- 75 percent of the average organization lack confidence in strategic success, sighting fuzzy business objectives, out-of-sync stakeholders, and lack of leadership engagement. [General]
- Only 26 percent of all projects succeed. [PMI]
- The average initiative overrun is 27 percent, but one in six projects had a cost overrun of 200% on average. The average schedule overrun of almost 70 percent. [Harvard Business Review]
- Portfolio & Project Management software churn rate is 33% a year [PMI]
How iEngage360 helps our customers overcome the obstetrical preventing success
- Help capture & communicate simplified plan
- Engage leadership and stakeholders
- Hold participants accountable between planning and execution
- Provide automated analysis of plan health and real-time status updates
- Maintain dependencies of plan elements
- Ensure objectives are measurable, reflective of strategic success , and realistic.
- Normalize prioritization evaluation
- Allow equal comparison of disparate initiative times
- Ensure alignment with strategic plan and balance across strategy elements
- Focus limited investment resources on those projects that bring teh best value
- Factor risk assessment into the selection process to ensure the highest probability of success
- Use milestone driven project management to focus initiative teams on achieving progress
- Identify and manage risk impact, escalating risk mitigation through strategy management
- Generate consistent status reporting and continuous health assessment at the project and portfolio levels.
- Escalate project health and risk to the strategic portfolio, and propagate to the strategic plan.
Why is Strategy so hard?
The hard work begins when the planning is done.
Like any business effort, success requires paying attention to the details
Bridging the gap between planning and execution requires consistent management & leadership support.
Our AI services provide automated guardrails to help keep strategy execution on track
Miyamoto Iusashi – 1645